When you report a bug, it is important to share as much relevant information as you can, including:
- version number of syslog-ng used;
- the platform (operating system and its version, architecture, and so on);
- a backtrace from the core file if the issue is a crash (this can be invaluable);
- if possible, a configuration that triggers the problem;
- a detailed description of the issue.
To make it easy to read reports, if you send a configuration snippet, or a backtrace, use fenced code blocks around them.