In this chapter we would like to introduce you into the contribution of open-source projects through syslog-ng. To do so we will show you the tools and ideas our contribution process is built on. Some patterns are also stated here to provide you an easy way to start collaborating. After reading this chapter we hope that you will have no dark spots about how to start.
- tools: description of tools that we use during the development process
- issues: description of conventions how to use them, write them
- commits: description of conventions when writing messages, trying to answer the question of what makes a good commit message
- features: description of feature proposals, branches, how to use them
- bugs: description of bug reports, conventions worth following when fixing bugs
- process: high-level overview on the process of contribution